Tuesday, February 25, 2014

I Think Critters Are Out To Get Me

I feel like this may become some kind of a normal occurrence. And I am not on board with that! Another story for all of you out there. I can now write about it because I was only traumatized for a few days.

Trexton gets up at 5:30 a.m. on Tuesday and Thursday to go to work and I usually get to sleep till about 8-8:30 a.m. considering if I feel like getting ready for the day. So he left and my alarm had gone off at 8, and I was way too tired to move so I hit snooze. About 5 minutes later I heard the weirdest ticking like noise. And so I decided to get up because I was worried Trexton might have not woken up to his alarm!
As I walked into the kitchen and realized it was NOT Trexton and that it was just me in the apartment I found the source of the noise. Our apartment did not come with a washer and dryer. So we were able to get a washer but not a dryer so we let things air dry. Well there is a tube thing coming out of the wall. It hooks up to the dryer where the exhaust goes through. I can't remember the name of it haha. But we had stuck an old shirt inside of it so mostly the cold air wouldn't come through too much.
The noise was coming from INSIDE the tube! And I had heard it before but never really worried too much, but something was trying to claw through it. And the first thing that came to mind was oh my heavens we have mice. I am going to pass out. Trexton was at work so I face timed my mom. When I showed her the thing shaking at this point and the noise we were trying to figure out what to do! On top of that I seriously had to use the restroom so bad and it was only a foot away from it so I REFUSED! The whole time my mom is laughing but still didn't know what to do!
All the sudden we started hearing squealing noises. Okay, call me a whimp but I totally started crying. I had mice in my apartment and they were making the loudest squealing noises I have ever heard from an animal. It went on for about 10 minutes. It was terrible.
Finally I decided to walk outside to see if I could see anything from there. And I as walked out and shut our back door TWO BIRDS flew out of the vent. Needless to say I was SO GRATEFUL it wasn't mice and just birds. But I was still traumatized. Between me and Trexton we got this critter thing down haha.
We have now stuff the inside AND outside with some old clothes, so lets hope this fixes our little problem!


Here is a video of what I woke up to. Freaked.me.out. 

Here is a picture of what we used to fix the problem! Stuffed shirt, haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment